Friday, April 10, 2009

commencing

Here we are: two of BYU-Idaho's newest Alumni.I read a creative nonfiction essay at my convocation. I was super nervous,
but as I sat on the stand, reading over my paper and hoping I wouldn't mess up,
our little boy kicked me
just hard enough to remind me that he's there--
I think he wanted me to know I'd do well.

I mean, if I can grow a child, I can certainly read something to a room full of people.
Both of those with Heavenly Father's help, of course.

And here's my handsome husband listening intently during his own convocation.
The past two days have been busy, full, and fast. Our families were here, as were my grandparents (the Woods).
They're gone now (except for my brother Josh who's hanging with us until we move on Monday).
It's quiet.
I don't quite know what to do with myself. Who am I now that I'm not a student anymore? What do I do next?

Our little boy seems to know. I'm glad he's there to remind me.

11 comments:

heidi said...

congrats on the graduation. you both look great.
i'm so glad your little boy is in there to remind you. it may feel like it will take forever for him to finally be out of your belly but once he is you'll be a MOMMY! & you'll be great too.

Jocelyn said...

Congrats to you both. Don't you love those little kicks? {just wait until it keeps you up all night!:) hope the move goes well!

Creole Wisdom said...

how cute that your baby kicked you- I hope it didn't hurt though- more of a "love" kick : )

Congrats on graduating. 09 is the best year. I am next month. Cannot believe it!

Unknown said...

Congrate

marilyn said...

Congratulations to both of you! Life is sooo great! There is always a new adventure up ahead. It's the transistions that are a little "ify" and uncertain. Good luck in the move, parenthood, new career,and the upcoming events in your life

Libby said...

Congratulations to both of you. Good luck with everything. See you next week.

Anonymous said...

WOW! that went fast -- right? -- wink! You both look so thrilled. Now a whole new future has opened up and you both look so excited to been where you are and now where you are heading -- *Congratulations*
You both will be super parents too!

Teresa said...

We were so pleased with both of you.
Happy Day- Becca your reading was perfect.
See next week.

Dallin said...

Congratulations! We are excited to see you guys soon! When is your estimated date of arrival in Texas?

Shannon b said...

congratulations! How cute that he gave you a kick while waiting to read your paper. :)
As for what to do next . . . I say enjoy it. Whatever "it" is. Each phase of our lives is different, and once this happy change comes along, your life will never be the same. Believe me!
I had about 6 months between graduation and Conner arriving. Let's just say that I enjoyed some sleeping in, a lot of TLC (The Baby Story), window shopping at Target (no $$$), . . . . and eventually got myself a job through a temp agency (receptionist).
But like I said, whatever you choose to do, enjoy it. Time will move fast enough on it's own. ;)
See you soon!

Elder Caleb Habel said...

Congratulations! On to the next adventure. I agree with Shannon, just enjoy it.