Thursday, February 26, 2009

Just some stuff

The wind is pummeling the apartment today. I can hear it blowing across the dryer vent. I'm here at home and Kent is his GMAT prep class until 9:30 tonight. I made him drive himself to class because I don't want to step outside again until that wind stops. It's brutal.

I am drinking a peach Propel. The baby "needed" some Propels a few days ago. Flavored water almost makes me feel like I'm getting dessert. Almost. I'd rather be eating something that looks like this: My latest cake! Unfortunately, it's three-week-old rice crispies disguised as a cake, and I'm not even sure if I could cut into it. So I'll drink my peach Propel and pretend I'm eating a peach cake.
This is the fondant while I was still mixing the colors in. Isn't it pretty?

I only spent $36 on groceries this week! (Minus the Propels, which Kent said I didn't have to count as groceries--isn't he the greatest?) I'm proud of myself, and I smiled when I slid my card through at the check out.

I should be doing homework right now. I graduate in 43 days! Sometimes it's nice to just sit and think about graduating, without actually doing what I need to for that to actually happen.

I've been writing the baby's potential names on a scrap of paper to see how they look with our last name. I haven't done that since I was dating Kent and wrote "Rebecca Ashley Andersen" all over a page of a notebook. It's juvenile and fun.

8 comments:

Cindy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cindy said...

I thought I was the only one that wrote my potential name all over a notebook page when Dallin and I were dating. Lol! That cake looks beautiful! Too bad it's not edible.

Creole Wisdom said...

The cake is very pretty!

Why is it that juvenile things are always fun?!??!

Teresa said...

Love your cake- your becoming a master :}
Can't wait to find out the babies name.

Lisa Brown said...

I love your cake and so wish I had taken a cake decorating class. I need to do one of those ones at Michaels. I am so excited for you that you graduate so soon! You will love knowing you have that degree, even if you never have to "use" it. I know I do. And the feeling you have after you take your very last final is the best ever!

heidi said...

your cake looks very cute!!

so, I say that you aren't aloud to keep bringing up the babies name unless you are going to TELL US. man, it's making me curious. ::smile::

Shannon b said...

the cake looks gawgeous!
Have fun with the baby name pickin'. I'm sure our parents were so annoyed with us because we didn't tell ANYONE the names we were considering until after the baby was born. Everyone has their weird quirks I guess!

Erin and Devin said...

That is an awesome cake!!! Fun to see you have a blog!! See you tomorrow! :)