Sunday, November 9, 2008

Me, tonight.

It is Saturday night (I know when you're reading this it will be Sunday night, so don't get confused.) It's Saturday night, and this is me:

  • Finished: with writing my magazine articles for English 450. Now I just hope they get accepted by the editors!

  • Listening: to "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole. For the third time in a row. I needed a little Hawaii in my system.

  • Full: from pigging out with Kent at Craigos. You should have seen that boy's reaction to the Oreo dessert pizza. I was afraid I'd have to carry him out of there on a stretcher.

  • Stressed: there's only 35 days until the end of the semester and I have at least 45 days worth of stuff to do by then.
  • Wearing: the shirt that Kent likes best. We made "top three" lists today of shirts that we like most on each other.

  • Thinking: about Christmas. It's coming! I know this because there's a huge tree at the grocery store.

  • Hoping: that people come to choir practice tomorrow night.

  • In love: with my sweet husband who I keep trying to talk to but forgetting that he's got his headphones on in the other room.
  • Content: I've got a good life, people to love, a warm house, healthy body, money for food, and church to go to in the morning.

It's a good night here tonight.

5 comments:

heidi said...

loved the post, fun to hear about your evening

Shannon b said...

great post, Becca! I get the headphone problem too. :)

Teresa said...

Your life is full of wonderful things- can't wait to see you guys.
Happy Day

Creole Wisdom said...

That shirt IS cute. I think $ for food is such a wonderful thing : )

Lisa Brown said...

I have the same problem with Kevin, but he isn't wearing headphones - he is just lost in whatever sport he is watching :). Good luck with the end of the semester - you will do awesome and you will survive.